Obviously we are all basically stuck with our moms. Some of us get really lucky and become best friends with our moms. (Trust me I know from experience). So if you’re wondering if your mom has become your best friend, read the following signs to see how many apply to your relationship.
- You find yourself calling your mom first when anything exciting happens in your life.
- You find yourself calling your mom even when nothing exciting is happening in your life.
- She definitely knows you better than you know yourself, and she sees right through you.
- You have ditched plans with friends because she wanted you to do something with her.
- She is shamelessly your number one fan.
- You ask your mom’s opinion about nearly every decision you have to make.
- There’s absolutely nothing you can’t tell her, and she definitely doesn’t hold back either.
- You often find yourself thinking about how lucky you are to have the best mom ever.
- She likes every single one of your Facebook posts, and you’re guilty of doing the same.
- You text everyday (or email).
- You buy each other spontaneous gifts, just because.
- She brags about you to all of her friends, and you shamelessly do the same.
- Her words of affirmation are the ones that you value the most.
- You pick on one another more than anyone else does, but you two are totally cool with it.
- She’ll help you out of any sticky situation that you manage to get yourself into.
- You worry about her just as much as she worries about you.
- You guys bicker about the stupid things and debate about important ones (but it ALWAYS ends in hugging it out).
- Neither of you ever leave the house or hang up the phone or end an email without saying “I love you” first.
- You know that you aren’t “stuck with each other,” but you vow to maintain an incredible friendship with your mom for forever.
- Because at the end of the day, you really owe it all to her.
There are so many benefits to having a mom as a best friend (separate post to come). And I am so lucky that my mom is my best friend. If you weren’t my mom, I would most definitely choose you as a friend. Now I would love to hear from all of you. Can any of you relate to having a mom as a best friend? If so, please share any benefits you have found from your relationship. I love hearing all your feedback and comments. Please share your mom stories in the comments below. Let’s continue this conversation.
Love you always mamoos. Happy Mother’s Day to you and all the other Mother’s out there.